Saturday, January 10, 2009

CHOCOLATE DESIRE!!! IN need of a good recipe!!! Help!!

oK...I wanted a good, moist chocolate cake....I started looking online and found a good recipe, but no igredients enough to make the cake, so I cheated and used a box one....and decided to use only the icing from the recipe!!! Let me tell you....The cake was ok, and the icing was way too soft....I could't get it to stay on the cake....You will see on the pics...Pretty Please....anyone out there with a good chocolate cake recipe and the good chocolate frosting also????? I would love that!!!


3 comments:

Carrie said...

I too need a good chocolate icing recipe! This is one I bookmarked because she said it was better than the $14 Sprinkles Cupcake Icing, but I haven't ever tried it. It's so difficult to try a new frosting because you risk ruining a cake, lol!

http://crazydeliciousfood.com/?p=100
Dark Chocolate Frosting

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter

pinch of salt

2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners sugar

1/4 tsp vanilla

3oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature

Directions

In a stand mixer beat the butter and salt on medium speed until fluffy

Turn to low and slowly add confectioners sugar

Mix in vanilla

Turn to medium and add chocolate.

Carrie said...

Here's another one from HERSHEY'S (yeah, can you tell that I am recipe surfing tonight, lol)!

http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=184&page=1&per=25&category_id=13&classics=1&CategoryPage=true#content_area

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

Kel Baking Life said...

Do you have any good chocolate cake recipe??